Here is a list of the most common errors:
- Selecting a personal profile as the business profile, instead of a page or a group page. (Depending the type of operation that will define the correct choice.
- Not updating the page on a regular basis.
- Allowing “friends” to post irrelevant information on their profiles. I.e. Game applications, etc.
- Not giving “good” and interesting content.
- Not answering questions or comments made.
- Not promoting the page to increase the number of fans.
- Monitoring the quality and relevance of fans selected.
So what do you need to do?
Plan your strategy, draft action plans and stick to them. Make sure that you have the resources (manpower) to do so – so that you can dedicate at least one hour a day to your business page.
Maximize the value of Facebook. It is still one of the best options around which is very, very cost effective. And if you link it to other advertising and marketing platforms including your own website, then you are on the right path to effectively market, brand and advertise your business.