||The new Age Explorers (JWHS 2010)
In days gone by, 500 years and more,
Set sail did they, departing from these shores.
On journeys long, yet driven with a knowing:
Where there be dragons, shall they be going ...
So ventured forth, t’where charts not drawn,
Brave minds and hearts at early dawn.
With Boson’s gaze and tempered brow,
Sights set beyond horizon’s bow.
As it was then, we have today
A vision of new journeys, pray;
That from our conscience to dig deep
While agile and swift wit, we keep.
So from now on, we thus beseech
for actions firm, and not just speech.
On paths we choose in ventures all,
Rest sure ... we shall find dragons tall!
Where there be Dragons ... shall we be going!
Like our forefathers before us, the Empowerment Gateway founders are on a mission of discovery.
Instead of searching for new continents we are searching for solutions to the numerous crisis confronting the world today ... it is our purpose and mission in life! It is a challenging path, primarily due to the fact that in this path of discovery, everyday, we are facing dragons ...
But who or what are the dragons?
These dragons have many faces, many bodies and many façades ...
- Some dragons are preventing solutions from being successfully implemented.
- Others are profiting from natural disasters ...
- Then there are those that through their actions, fuel chronic unemployment, economic, social and environmental degradation, poverty as well as the associated ills that they bring ...
Not to mention that in addition ... there are still the "normal" day-to-day dragons, that we must all face.
That's one end of the spectrum, but at the other end there is also a new breed of dragon fighters arising.
- Some dragon fighters are currently positioned within the third sector.
- Others are operating in the first and second sectors as employees and managers.
- And a few others are in the rising forth sector.
What the new dragon fighters have in common is that they are not in conflict in spite of not being the same. They have embarked on similar journeys, and although they may use different vessels and tools, they do share aims and objectives.
In this site, we showcase our own selection of dragon fighting vessels and tools, namely:
- Conceptualisation, Development and Implementation of Community Sustainability Programs
- Strategic Management Consulting
- General Management Consulting
- CSR 2.0 (Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility)
- SMME (Small, Micro, Medium Enterprises) Development and Support
- Transitional Business Consulting
- Non-governmental (NGO) Support and Development
- Social Enterprise Development and Support
- Socially Responsible Business Development and Support
- Fourth Sector Organisational Model Development Consulting
As the instruments to challenge and conquer today's dragons, one by one.
In addition, we share with you some of our journeys, some of our discoveries and some of our findings to date.
Finally, we take the opportunity to invite you to climb on board, and to enjoy the journey with us, so that together, we can navigate unchartered waters; discover and implement multi beneficial workable solutions, and still reach safe shores once again.
To access the entire site content you will need to log in and register. This process is FREE.
To Keep up-to-date, log in everyday as we are inserting content on a daily basis.